I have been asking my clients lately, “What’s the worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received?” and then I silently sat back and waited for a response, just kidding if you know me then you know I am almost never silent, but regardless the responses rolled in. I have to admit some of my clients have been shafted pretty hard on the big “Christmas” day. So I thought I would share some of the funnier ones with you. (With their permission of course!)
1. Things you are not legally allowed to own…yet: “One time I was at a company gift exchange and I was the lucky guy who opened the $200 dollar bottle of tequila. The problem was I was the only one working for the company who was under age and to top it all off my mom worked at the same company. Had to just pretend to chug it all before giving it up!”
2. The empty box/decoy gift: “Every year my brother would wrap up about 5 boxes either filled with random things or just completely empty.. The problem is he would always say it was written from Santa or mom or grandma… literally could never tell which ones were real.”
3. Infomercial Gag Gifts: This one is funny. “Every year my husband would buy me some gag workout gift to try to inspire me to hit the gym right before New Years came around. I literally had an entire closet filled with absolute junk. The funniest one was the shake weight with a gag “workout” video of him pretending to instruct the audience on how to “get the most out of each shake.”
4. A guy with no style trying to style his lady: “I’ll never forget the year my boyfriend bought me several outfits and boutique tops. He was all about every single one of them and to be honest they actually fit me pretty well. The problem is they were just not my style. I completely faked liking the items up until the point he realized I was not wearing anything and called me out! Thank you to whoever created gift receipts and a 30 day return policy.”
5. That gift where someone read you way wrong: “My wife bought me my “favorite” football players jersey. The problem was he officially wasn’t my favorite anymore after he sold out for another team at the beginning of the season.”
6. The awkward gift that was in the wrong pile: Ridiculous. “It was the annual sleazy gift exchange at my college frat and it was mandatory that you get something completely raunchy. I ended up getting confused on what gift was for what and lets just say what was supposed to be one of my girlfriends gifts ended up being worn by our frat mascot and the gift I got for the frat just gave my girlfriend the most confused face I have ever seen.”
7. The framed picture of yourself: “I am not quite sure what my mother was trying to do when she gave me a digital frame of random pictures of myself. I am also not quite sure why I kept it on my bookshelf in my room for over 3 years… mom just get me a gift card please”
8. The gift that brings up bad times: “My husband kept getting on me about forgetting things that he would tell me to the point we would get into some pretty big fights about it. He decided it would be funny to get me a notepad and a pen with a note saying, “now you can write everything I say down” with a big smiley face. What I know was a complete joke really got me bent out of shape for the rest of the day.”
Well if your asking yourself right now, “How can I guarantee my Christmas Gift won’t end up on the WORST gift list?” Here are the two Go-To solutions:
1. Just simply ask people what they want!
1.) A complimentary 5-Day Juice Cleanse. (For The Gift Receiver)
2.) A Trimr high-tech water bottle. (For The Gift Buyer)
Purchasing this gift for someone is a symbol that you strongly support his or her lifestyle change and fitness goals. Getting in shape is good for anyone whether a young athlete trying to make the varsity football team to your grandmother just trying to strengthen her body as she ages.
So gift the best gift possible! Give the gift of Fitness! Then just wait to see your name mentioned on the “top 10 coolest gifts ever list” instead!
Happy Holidays from Body By Bodde!
P.S. I wanna hear more stories like the ones above! Feel free to share your “Worst gift ever”!